I’ve been rather quiet on this blog for various reasons. Mostly because I wasn’t sure what sort of purpose I wanted it to serve. It seems most of the time my friends and family can keep up with me on Facebook and Twitter. So I sort of laidlow and decided I’d wait to see what could develop for this blog. I’m still thinking about it although I have a few more concrete ideas that I’ll share as they develop.
In the meantime, I’ve taken inspiration from another blog I follow to create a Gratitude List. The idea is to create a list of 10 things you are grateful for, especially when you are feeling down or have lost perspective. With all the craziness of this year, I still have to count my blessings each day for the amazingness that is my life.
So here is my Gratitude List. I hope you’re inspired to do one of your own and post it on your blog…or if you don’t have a blog, write it down and post it somewhere to remind you of all that you have in your life.
I’m grateful for…
1)My health. So many people I know (or their family members) have been stricken with horrible accidents, diseases, etc this year. I’m so grateful that I have a relatively healthy body and mind.
2) My family. I’ve realized that having a warm, loving, caring and supportive family is more rare than I would have thought. Thanks to my parents, brother, aunts, uncles and cousins for always being there for me and showing your unconditional love and support.
3)My boyfriend, Andrei. We’ve been together as a couple for over a year and friends for over 2 years. I still can’t believe he’s been able to put up with me this long, but I’m so thankful he has.
4)My friends. Too many to list by name, but I’m so blessed to have so many wonderful friends. My SF friends, my Choral Project friends and all those before and in between, especially my 3B’s – you know who you are. They continue to entertain me, make me laugh and make me think. I have the best friends a girl could ask ever ask for.
5) My job. I’ve been fortunate to have survived the economic mess our country has been in the past few years and have kept a wonderful job with an even more wonderful company. While I may complain from time to time, I know how incredibly lucky I am to be where I am right now.
6) My home…aka San Francisco. With all its quirks (crazy homeless people, MUNI delays and pot-holed streets), I still think it’s one of the best places in the world to live. I have to remind myself how many people would love to live here and cannot afford it.
7)The Internet. As corny as it sounds, I’m grateful it’s around to keep up with all the goings-on of my friends and family. Life is so busy, at least I can keep up digitally if not in person.
8) Music. It’s very broad but I’m so grateful to have music in my life. Whether it be performing music or listening, it’s such a big part of me, I cannot imagine life without it.
9) Freedom. Again, broad but every time I heard of people being persecuted or jailed because of their beliefs, I realize how much I take for granted living here in the US. I’m thankful for basic civil liberties and the freedom to believe what I want to believe.
10) My love of discovering new things. Whether it be new places to travel or healthy living blogs, I’m always interested in finding and discovering new things. I’m grateful for this as it’s made me a better, more fulfilled person.
So I turn it to you…what are you grateful for? Do you recognize these basic things on a regular basis? I hope so and I hope you will continue the Gratitude List in whatever for you can…