As we approach Thanksgiving I think about how many have gone by without really thinking about what I am grateful for or thankful for. Not to say I don’t think about these things on a regular basis, because I feel extremely blessed in life and am so thankful for the people and experiences I’ve had. But I think it’s important to recognize this holiday and what it stands for (other than getting a lot of tasty eats!) and to recognize that we all should acknowledge the things we’re thankful for in life.
- I’m thankful for being alive and healthy
- I’m thankful for my family who have been a rock for me my entire life
- I’m thankful for my many friends, especially those who enrich my life and make me strive to be a better human being
- I’m thankful for my job even though it can be hectic. So blessed to work for an awesome company, especially in this economy
- I’m thankful for everything that has occurred to make me who I am today
I hope that everyone takes time to think about the things they’re thankful for this next week and strive to make it more than once a year.
Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow. ~Edward Sandford Martin